Let’s face it, finding time to craft is something that haunts us all no matter the season. But it can be especially difficult in those summer months.
Here are 10 things you can do to make time to craft.
10. Pick one time every week. Things are easier to accomplish when they are habits. My mom spends 1-2 hours every morning hooking. She has done this for as long as I can remember. Of the family members she is the only one that consistently finishes projects. There is a lesson here.
9. Find a buddy. Projects are more fun to do when you do them together! I can go for months without hooking and suddenly when my mom or sister visit I find I like doing it better.
8. Get inspired. Take a class. Find a blog. Read a magazine. Inspiration helps to motivate. Every year I leave Rug school filled with ideas and motivation.
7. Start small. I find I don’t have big chunks of time in my day. But I do have 15 mins here and there. You don’t have to set aside hours at a time, just do a little here and there.
6. Start smaller. Once a week isn’t working try once a month. The more you do it the more you will find you want to do it.
5. Set goals. Make it manageable. Nothing brings greater satisfaction than accomplishing a goal.
4. Book it. If timing isn’t working book it to force you. A hook in, Rug School, Guild meetings - these are great ways to ensure you set aside the time.
3. Figure out what the barrier is and kick it down. What is truly holding you back? You can use any answer but time. Really think about why you aren’t crafting.
2. Find ”you” time. Remember that taking time for yourself makes you the best you. Kids, work, school, pets. They are all things that require our attention, but setting aside time for ourselves makes the nagging, barking, phone calls much easier to manage.
1. Combine your loves. Like wine drinking and crafting. My mom and I were recently talking about how multi-tasking has become a necessity. It no longer feels good to accomplish 1 thing at a time. Now we must do 2 or 3 at a time. Like driving and talking on the phone, watching TV and surfing the internet, or writing a blog post while you throw the ball for your dogs (ahem).
Find what works for you and make time! If it is important to you, you find the time! No excuses, play like a champion!Continue reading